Nanomedicines are already being utilised and the fundamental science base is continually developing, as such market predictions indicate that nanotechnologies will make an increasing contribution to new medicines over the next 10 years and beyond. In recognition of these developments the APS has established this new focus group to provide a forum for discussion and to help to raise the profile of nanomedicines within the UK, engaging with personnel working at all stages across the supply chain.
The focus group will facilitate and promote the understanding of nanomedicines from a pure science base through the evolving regulatory environment and finally manufacture. Drawing on expertise from industry, academia, regulatory and clinical practice the group encourages the exchange of information and collaboration across all parties. Through establishing an active and open community in this fast moving field, this focus group will explore the opportunities that nanotechnology offers and investigate any barriers to their adoption are, then work together to propose solutions.
The Nanomedicines group is establishing a Steering committee if you are interested in participating in this please contact Felicity Sartain ([email protected])
· The British Society for Nanomedicine: www.britishsocietynanomedicine.org
· European Technology Platform for Nanomedicine: www.etp-nanomedicine.eu
· The European Foundation for Clinical Nanomedicine: www.clinam.org
· American Society for Nanomedicine: www.amsocnanomed.org
· National Cancer Institute Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer: nano.cancer.gov
· Australian Centre for Nanomedicine: www.acn.unsw.edu.au